Thursday, November 8, 2012

YAY!!!!!!!

Just a few random facts:
  • It's the 4th most populous city in the nation (trailing only New York, Los Angeles, and Chicago). 
  • It hosts the biggest rodeo in the world. 
  • More than 90 languages are spoken here. 
  • It has one of the youngest populations in the nation. 
  • Residents of this city eat out more than any other US city. 
  • It is illegal to sell Limburger cheese on Sundays. 
  • With 634 square miles, this city could contain the US cities of New York, Washington, Boston, San Francisco, Seattle, Minneapolis, AND Miami. 
  • In this state, when two trains meet each other at a railroad crossing, each shall come to a full stop and neither shall proceed until the other has gone. 
  • It is illegal to take more than 3 sips of beer at a time while standing. 
  • And finally, it is REQUIRED for criminals to give their victims 24 hour notice, either orally or in writing, and to explain the nature of the crime to be committed. 
Yup, Glenn has been called to serve in the Texas Houston East mission and will enter the MTC January 9th. He is going to be such an amazing missionary. I am so proud of him and the example he has shown. I won't go into a ton of details about this incredible journey because its personal and private to my family but I will say that the thing that impresses me about my brother more than anything else is that he refused to serve a mission until he KNEW 100 percent that he was completely ready to be a full-time missionary. In the past, most 19 year old boys in our Church have gone on missions because that was what was expected of them at that time. And I'm not trying to diss or down on that at all. I'm glad those missionaries went out at that time.

For Glenn, however, it just wasn't the time for him. And for Glenn, that was perfect. There is no doubt in my mind that he was saved to be a missionary now. I'm so proud of him. He's an amazing person, inside and out. Glenn is so talented and so incredibly smart. He's such a great uncle and brother. I love him so much and will miss him! Can you believe that Peyton will be 4 years old by the time he comes back?!

The people of Houston Texas are lucky that such an amazing person will be serving them for 2 years.







No comments: