Cut to a few days later -- I was walking back from a NSO event when I hear this loud voice up ahead of me. I caught up to the speaker and realized it was the same girl I had met at the MSS social! So I said hi and asked her what her name was. She told me to guess... but gave me a hint and said it started with a C. After she told me her name, she had to guess mine but I could only tell her it started with a T. We realized we were walking in the same direction and that we lived in the same building! 8 years later, Cassyie and I are still best friends... We became un-official adopted sisters into each others' families (our poor mothers had no idea what hit them... ) and have stuck together through a whole lot of crazy things!!
But to get to the point of this post.... Cassyie graduated!! We were racing to get the leis we made for her done and arrived at her ceremony seriously, 2 minutes before they called her name so we got to see her walk! I don't know why but Mira and I always wait until last minute to make leis... ugh! Oh well, the leis turned out really well and it was good to see Kasa's family and friends!! (We made the leis in the picture in the bottom, right-hand corner!)
And of course, no post would be complete without pics of our favorite little trouble-maker!!
1. Top left: Peyton found the container that I keep all the rice in (Asian, yes I know) and climbed in... When I found her (and took the time to take some pictures of course), I smelled something not so pleasant. Yup, climbed into the rice with a POOPY DIAPER!!! grr...
2. Peyton wearing a butterfly net on her head.
3. Peyton fell asleep during one of mommy's runs!
4. Peyton trying to get free from mean ole' daddy!
5. Coloring outside!
6. Peyton trying to get free.... again.
7. Peyton not wanting to go inside after one of mommy's runs
8. Peyton going through the mail... on top of our ghetto-redneck shelves.
9. Poopy Peyton stuck in the bucket....
10. Peyton smiling and looking cute for the camera on our Sunday walk!!


1 comment:
Sometimes I forget how epic our friendship really is...Leli and I were sitting behind the desk telling everyone to sign up for luau, fiesta and pow wow...oh how exciting!
Post a Comment