#1 - Read Scriptures and Pray DAILY
I don't know why this is so hard for me! Is it tough for anyone else? I pray every day... especially since Peyton is going to nursery now and I really want her to understand what prayer is. But scripture study? I think about it and then don't do it.... and before I know it, it's the end of the month and I'm checking on my progress. Anyone have any ideas how I can do it consistently? ** For some reason that word looks weird to me... but it's right. I feel like I've always spelled it with an "a" instead of an "e".... sidetracked!**
#2 - Go to the temple at least once a month
I didn't go through the temple but Ben and I did take Peyton to the temple a couple of times to walk around. We had a talk about it and we are both going to make a bigger effort to encourage each other to go to the temple. Yay!
#3 - Join a fitness class/get in shape
I just got back from running a mile... and I'm not going to say how long it took but I did it and that's what matters! Also, I'm thinking about doing a cleanse but I'm not sure about it. Anyone done one before?
#4 - Pay my bills on time
Sorta Yes! (But I am putting my rent check in the mail today...It's due today but my landlord is out of town so we mail it to the bank instead)
#5 - Blog
This whole month I've been thinking about what I can blog about and then I don't do it :( Oh well! I'll let you know in the next section! Plus, people don't like blogs without pictures and I don't know how to put pictures on this computer just yet....
#6 - Make Memories!
Oh goodness, did we make some amazing memories this month!
Peyton's nursery leaders said it was alright to just leave her there... So we did! She did amazing. The next Sunday, we were walking out of the chapel when Peyton saw her nursery leader walking into the nursery room at the end of the hall. I've never seen Peyton run that fast EVER! Seriously, she ran so fast to the door and then banged on it until I caught up with her (serious). As soon as the door opened, she raced in and didn't even look back. We'll see how long this lasts :)
Ben never heard back from the Cumulus Media job... oh well! He's still looking for other job opportunities but his job at Traditions Mill is picking up so it would have been a bad time for him to leave since they are pretty busy. Meh...
My work has snowboarding passes to Sundance. They are corporate passes which means we don't ever have to wait in line and can just cut to the front... The passes are super cheap too! For an all day pass, it's only $15. For a night pass, (brace yourself) $5. F-I-V-E. That's it. So we definitely take advantage of them and go as much as we can which is about once a week. The first week in Feb we took some people I work with... They've never been before and it was the first time Ben and I had gone this season but we all had a great time! The third time we went up this past month, the snow was AMAZING! It was light and powdery and awesome. I finally got carving down and it seriously makes snowboarding so much better! I felt like a professional and Ben even said that I am good enough to go with him wherever he goes! YAY!
1 comment:
Since we got married, Bob and I read our scriptures together every night. We've made it part of our nightly routine and we're not allowed to go to sleep until we've read out loud together. (We make it as important as brushing our teeth!) We each read 5 verses (10 total) and if there's anything that stood out or made us think, we talk about it briefly. I'm trying to add in personal scripture study now by doing it the same way--I'm not allowed to go to sleep until I've read, and give myself the same amount to read each night (even if it's only 5 verses). It doesn't take more than 3 minutes, and by keeping that perspective it makes it easier to do regularly. You just have to make it a priority!
As for blogging (I don't have much room to talk--I have to catch up on blogging most of the time!), I just want to hear about anything going on in your life! I don't ever get tired of reading about Peyton either. If you don't have pictures, then keep the posts shorter and more frequent and that will encourage people to read them more.
Also, I'm really jealous of those snowboarding passes! What a deal! Next winter we'll have to make our way up there so I can snowboard with you now that you're carving! We'll just need to find a babysitter....
Post a Comment