Yeah..... about that .....
We were sitting (again! Maybe that is why we try to stay so active... so that we don't do things like this!!) and talking about how bad my day was at work. Ben asked me what would make me feel better......
Trina: I don't know.... I wish I had new clothes. But not really though. We really need to save money for your tuition and things.
Ben: Yeah, but you had a bad day and we have a little extra cash laying around. Let's get you clothes.
Trina: No, that's not fair to you. It's okay, I'll be alright (which all us women know that really means "please, please, please buy me lots and lots of things... NOW!)
Ben: Well, let's make a deal. I get my gun if you get new clothes. Deal?
Trina: (thinking deal over..... gun = lots more money than a new outfit.... in fact, gun = lots and lots of new outfits) DEAL! Let's go before we actually realize what a bad idea this is!!
Ben: Yeah, but you had a bad day and we have a little extra cash laying around. Let's get you clothes.
Trina: No, that's not fair to you. It's okay, I'll be alright (which all us women know that really means "please, please, please buy me lots and lots of things... NOW!)
Ben: Well, let's make a deal. I get my gun if you get new clothes. Deal?
Trina: (thinking deal over..... gun = lots more money than a new outfit.... in fact, gun = lots and lots of new outfits) DEAL! Let's go before we actually realize what a bad idea this is!!
And just like last time, I grabbed the keys and Ben grabbed his wallet. The only thing different this time was that Ben got the big thing and I got the little one....
Ben is getting this little "baby" (we had to order it though....he'll get it in a few days)

And I got:
Why do we do this to ourselves?! I'll know I'll regret this tomorrow.... It hasn't even been a year since our piano/soccer cleat purchase!!
..... OR....
Maybe I should tell Ben that every day is a bad day.....
Ben is getting this little "baby" (we had to order it though....he'll get it in a few days)

And I got:
- 4 new pairs of shoes (one for work, one for church during the summer time, and of course, 2 sets of flips (flip flops).... man, I forgot how expensive shoes can get!)
- 4 movies (Get this, all 3 X-men movies were in a set for $10!!!! T.E.N!!! it was at Walmart... I almost bought another one just because it was $10)
- 6 pair of pants (mostly for school during the summer... I'm so excited, we can wear bermuda shorts and capris to work! I LOVE Old Navy)
- 1 shirt (I always struggle with these.... but I finally found one that I thought was decent!)
- 1 C.B. radio (yeah... this wasn't for me, it was for Ben......but we decided to count it towards me so that the deal would be a little more fair)
- a "Cool Snack" (Thanks to the twins for this new phrase.... a.k.a. McDonald's strawberry milkshakes with Burger King giant straws....)
- The best part of this whole deal is that I bought black shoes for work....The pants I bought definitely do NOT match black shoes which HAS TO MEAN that I need to go back and buy another pair of shoes that do match (that's 5 pairs of new shoes!!) Because we all know that I need shoes that will match!
Why do we do this to ourselves?! I'll know I'll regret this tomorrow.... It hasn't even been a year since our piano/soccer cleat purchase!!
..... OR....
Maybe I should tell Ben that every day is a bad day.....
5 comments:
Cam is going to be so jealous of that gun!
can't wait to see all your new clothes!
haha, men and their guns..loren just got one a month or so ago! sounds like a fun shopping spree!! :)
sounds like it turned into a pretty stinkin' great day if you ask me! that gun is pretty cool, but i'd take the clothes any day :)
when's the fashion show...i want to see all these new buys!
Okay I absolutely love this. This is you and Ben. I can't wait to tell Brett. Maybe I should tell him I had a bad day too. I wonder if it will go the same way yours did.
Post a Comment