Work: I got a job at a place called Provo Canyon School and I absolutely LOVE it! I'm just a PRN (on-call) but I basically have hours of a full-time employee, minus benefits. I also am the assistant volleyball coach there. I love all my volleyball girls! They are so fun and TALENTED! I also get to help out with the basketball team... hilarious, I know! Ben is still chugging away at Traditions Mill and still loves it just as much. His boss will sometime try to bribe him with money to skip his class for a day just to stay at work a little longer but Ben is so good, he says no and faithfully goes to.....
School: He's been doing great! He'll go to his class and then stay there "studying" (or napping... usually his studies involve both...but he swares that it's about 80% study, 20% nap). I told him that I'll give him a snowboarding pass for the upcoming season if he gets a 3.5 or above. We'll see...
Play: We decided to grow up and be more mature so we backed off on the sports. So this season we're ONLY on (this is a combined list) 1 women's soccer team and 1 men's soccer team at Timp Indoor and 1 flag football team, 1 soccer team, and 1 co-ed ultimate frisbee team with BYU Intramurals. See? We backed off.
Church: I'm the 1st counselor in the YW presidency in our ward and I LOVE LOVE LOVE my Mia Maids. I have about 7 girls that I'm over and they are so funny! And can I just tell you how EXCITED I am to NOT have a music calling?! Finally!! (But no, this does not mean that I get a break.... they still ask me to play for the choir and sometimes the organist..... BUT IT'S NOT A CALLING!!!) Ben has 2 callings: Elders Quorum teacher (again) and Priests Quorum advisor... which he also loves. The Priests in the ward have so much fun with Ben.
Big News: I'm FINALLY (and much more important, legally) a Wheeler. Yup, after 2 years, 8 months, and 18 days, I finally went from being a Kalilimoku to a Wheeler. Don't judge.... it was seriously the hardest thing I've ever had to do!
So there's your big update for all you out there.
....... cricket, cricket.........
9 comments:
hey, I was happy you updated! :) It has been forever since we've seen you guys! Glad to know you're still well and kickin'. We should plan to get together again soon - what do ya think?
About time you updated your blog! Holy Hannah how do you expect me to keep up with your life? Call you? yeah we know that requires a lot so yeah probably won't happen. I'm a slacker friend. So we should all get together sometime. Just thought I'd throw that out there. Glad to see you are still alive!
well, it is sad that i needed the update to know how things are going! talk to you later!
I beat you, barely. It was 2 years, 8 months and 25 days for me before I become a Wilson. Although for quite some time after that, it was still only with Social Security. My credit cards still haven't changed...
Hooray for an update!
Congrats on the new job and Ben being in school. I like how you've "backed off" the sports! At least you are in good shape, right? And what fun callings--for both of you! I didn't know you were going to a family ward. I'm glad you don't HAVE to play the piano every week now.
Hooray for being a Wheeler! (And I really thought when I read "Big News" that you were going to say you were pregnant! AH!)
Hey we take updates whenever we get them! Good to hear what's new since you guys aren't just down the stairs anymore. Sounds like life is great.
I wish I could have been here to take some pictures for you guys, but that one you got is GREAT! Your parents are hilarious!
HELLLLOOOO! So I have a blog now, and you have a blog, we should be blog friends! I never realized how exciting your life was...and Christina is right she is a slacker friend, just her...
I'm so glad you finally posted again! I love to hear from you. I'm glad things are going better for you and you love this job. I'm with Lauren, when I read big news I automatically imagined a little Ben running around!
The YW/YM in your ward are lucky to have you and Ben in their leadership. You will be good examples for the kids and fun too!
Post again soon, please????
I think you only "cut back" on sports because 1) I wasn't there to tempt ya'll, and 2) there was no intramural softball this year.
Post a Comment