Saturday, April 18, 2009

WE DID IT!!!


I know, I'm such a loser to blog about this right away but seriously....
WE JUST RAN A TRIATHLON!!!!

I cannot wait until the next one comes up. Everyone in our group did amazing. Good job you guys (since you are (some of) the only ones who read my blog.... haha)! You were all an inspiration for me, so thank you thank you thank you!! Isn't it an amazing feeling to know that we all did this? I love us!

*Sigh*

(Can I brag a little now? Sorry.... Usually I don't like to but....) A few hours after the tri, I had a soccer game up in Lindon.... and let me tell you, I played so much! It was the weirdest thing, you know? You do a triathlon then you expect to be sore and not play soccer but oh man. (bragging....) I was hustling back and forth, took a few shots, had really good passes and even blocked some shots! The best part was I got to take a pk (penalty kick) for our team and (more bragging here....) it was a pretty wicked awesome shot. The goalie barely got his hands on it to knock it away BUT if you've seen how awful at soccer I was before, this is definitely a big improvement.


Moral of the story: A triathlon and a soccer game in one day IS POSSIBLE without dying. Awesome.

Best. Day. Ever.


6 comments:

6L's said...

you're SO awesome! you rock doing the triathalon and soccer right after...go you! :)

Grant and Taryn Layton said...

That is amazing! Good work. I'm running a half marathon next weekend and fully plan on relaxing and eating the rest of the day...no soccer games afterward for me :) I want to do a triathlon next, did you like it?

CK Morgan said...

sheesh trina. You are showing everyone up by playing soccer after the triathalon. All I did was play baseball with my sister and her friends but I made sure I was in Right Field so no balls would be hit towards me :) You are so amazing.

Unknown said...

But things didn't end at the soccer game! I was back on my bike that afternoon after the tri! And that night we played ultimate frisbee too! Seriously, what a day!

The Wheelers said...

you are awesome!! i think that if i just kept moving i didn't really feel sore. once i sat down for the night it was hard to get back up.

Lauren said...

That's awesome. I think you're totally in shape to go on the hike this summer! Too bad I definitely won't be...

By the way... I couldn't do the notecard thing. I was already going crazy knowing that you would know, so I didn't. Sorry! But I thought of a few options for you:
1. Wait until the baby is born before you make anything.
2. Make something neutral, even though you don't want to.
3. Make something for a girl and something for a boy and just hold onto the one you don't need for someone else in the future.

Again, sorry I chickened out!