Don't ask me how... My sister's friend put together a basketball team and needed one more person. They asked me to play. I don't think they really understood me when I said that I wasn't a basketball player but I decided the exercise would be good for me so what the heck! We were/are in the absolute lowest division, and for good reason too! We have lost every single game in the regular season. Honestly, it's pitiful. We're lucky if we get more than 10 points the entire game!
Anyways, after our last regular season game, we didn't hear anything from our team captain for awhile. I figured that we sucked so bad that the Intramural Officials decided to save us the embarrassment of playing in the tournament... and that really didn't hurt my feelings. Our team was horrible. So then on Tuesday, my sister gets a call. We have a game! I was so confused at first because this was already one week into the tournament play. That would mean that we had to have won the first tournament game and I know for a fact that couldn't have been possible because Riena, her roommate and I didn't make it and the three of us make two of the best players on the team! Ends up that we had 6 players show up to the game and the other team only had 4 so we won by default. So on Tuesday night, by some sort of weird, freak accident, we won that game! We were in the top eight... It was a fun game. We scored our first basket in the first minute of the game!! (Trust me, this is super exciting because we usually score our first basket sometime during the last minute of the game!) They told us our next game was Thursday and that we were now in the final four!!
So tonight we all show up and believe it or not, we won again! Something is definitely not right. We're playing a whole lot better than we did than when we played during the regular season... either that or we're really lucky! I even stole the ball for a fast break! But we'll leave it at that since I don't know how to shoot.... Anyways, why is this such a big deal? Because if we win, then we'll win the ever-coveted Intramural Championship T-shirt. I think that this is the one reason why people actually apply to BYU... and it's within our grasp! :) Our championship game is either going to be Saturday morning or Tuesday evening. So if you can come to the game, come and watch us probably lose to the other team (we watched them play a little bit tonight... they're good.... and they have about a billion fans)! As much as we would love to win, I think the fact that this crappy Cinderella team made it to the Championship game is beyond amazing. Awesome.

2 comments:
not a basketball player...whatever! good luck on the game. let us know for sure when and where the games is. we'll try and come.
Good Luck! Make us all proud! (Meaning Missy and Cassyie and Kristi and Emily, but especially Cassyie and Kristie!!) We seriously need to get together soon!
Post a Comment